Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, plus Saturdays and Bank Holidays on a rota basis
Salary: £21,000 per year
About FareShare Midlands
FareShare Midlands is the region’s largest food redistribution charity, fighting food poverty and hunger by tackling waste. We source good quality food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers. We rely on an army of volunteers to help redistribute this food to 550 frontline charities such as school breakfast clubs, community centres and organisations supporting those who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated and recovering from addiction. These organisations provide meals and food parcels to more than 35,000 vulnerable people every week. Find out more: https://faresharemidlands.org.uk.
To provide efficient, focussed and professional customer service and administration support for FareShare Midlands. In addition, this role will be a key member of the regional centre team working closely with the Regional Ops Manager, other departments such as operations, development, fundraising and marketing in order to raise the charity's profile and attract support. You will work towards, and achieve, best-in-class warehouse & food co-ordination as part of the warehouse and operations team in Fareshare Midlands. As a team you will ensure that food is allocated in a safe, timely and accurate way to optimise the service provided from your depot to our community.
This role will suit someone who has a passion for our values and supports our vision. Someone who wants to make a real difference and work for one of the most progressive and ambitious charities in the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Contacting and liaising with members as appropriate in relation to food orders and processing using online stock system
- Manage the allocations process to ensure all allocations are completed accurately and timely … working with the Regional Ops manager and team leader to ensure sufficient trained resource is available to complete allocation
- Adjusting existing membership - weights / frequency / day changes / fulfilments. To do this you will:
- Understand how memberships and charging structures work
- Monitor inbox for membership change emails
- Liaise with member and discuss cost incurred / saved
- Liaise with Regional Operations Manager on scheduling/ capacity.
- Update pipeline, calendar & schedule with member changes when a new member is scheduled
- Update Gladys with information and fee
- Confirm with member via email about any changes made
- Manage delivery schedules to ensure our members receive the food they need when they need it, aligning this with the resources available in the operations team
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries effectively and with high standards of customer service
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with members, team-mates and volunteers in particular with the Regional Ops Manager who will be a direct lead for day to day support and guidance
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the nature of the post as stipulated by your line manager.
- To work in accordance with our Customer Services Charter and to communicate this to relevant parties
- Help deliver excellent customer service to our groups & Holiday programmes within the Midlands, ensuring that we work closely with funders and groups to deliver good quality food to all our projects
Skills and Experience
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of and interest in the work of FareShare
- Strong leadership skills – the right person will be asked to step-up in the absence of the Regional Ops Manager to work with the warehouse & development teams
- Excellent team player willing to work across multiple departments – to be able to be diverse and demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of team working
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Good level of Maths and competence in IT, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Good communication skills, including a good telephone manner, with experience of customer / member service support would be an advantage
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively, with flexible working including weekends when required
If you would like to apply for this role, please create a supporting statement to demonstrate your suitability and to explain your interest in both the job and FareShare Midlands and send with your CV to email@example.com
We particularly welcome applications from those of a black and minority ethnic (BAME) background, as BAME people are currently under-represented within FareShare Midlands.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 1 October 2021, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place week commencing 4 October 2021